February 2013 Congratulations to Hyoun Kyu Cho who has been awarded a 2013 Rackham Predoctoral Fellowship. Rackham Predoctoral Fellowships support outstanding doctoral students in all areas of graduate study.
February 2012 Congratulations to Hyoun Kyu Cho who received the 2012 Richard and Eleanor Towner Prize for Distinguished Academic Achievement.
- September 2011 - Congratulations to our new PhD Candidates: Anoushe, Daya, and Gaurav!
- May 2011 - Congratulations to the 2011 CCCP PhD graduates!
Left-to-right: Shuguang, Amin, Ganesh, Scott, Mojtaba, Amir, Shantanu
February 2010 Congratulations to Mojtaba Mehrara who has been awarded a 2010 Rackham Predoctoral Fellowship. Rackham Predoctoral Fellowships support outstanding doctoral students in all areas of graduate study. Mojtaba is one of 9 receipients in the College of Engineering this year.
February 2010 Congratulations to Amin Ansari who received the 2010 College of Engineering Distinguished Achievement Award.
November 2009 Congratulations to Ganesh Dasika for winning the 2009 Graduate Student Honors Competition.
October 2009 Congratulations to Shantanu Gupta who has been awarded the Best Paper Award for his paper, Adaptive Online Testing for Efficient Hard Fault Detection.
Left-to-right: Shuguang, Amin, Shantanu, Scott
- October 2009 - 2nd annual CCCP Chuseok
Left-to-right: Mehrzad, Mojtaba, Hyoun Kyu, Shantanu, Yongjun, Mark, Amin, Shuguang, Yoonseo, Po-Chun, Scott, Ganesh, Amir, Jeff, Gaurav, Sangwon
August 2009 Congratulations to recent CCCP PhD graduate Hyunchul Park. He will soon be joining the compiler research group at Texas Instruments in Houston, Texas.
March 2009 Congratulations to Amir Hormati who has been awarded a 2009 Rackham Predoctoral Fellowship. Rackham Predoctoral Fellowships support outstanding doctoral students in all areas of graduate study. Amir is one of 13 receipients in the College of Engineering this year.
- September 2008 - CCCP celebrates the Korean fall harvest holiday, Chuseok,
with plenty of food and drink.
Left-to-right: Po-Chun, Hyoun Kyu, Sangwon, Yongjun, Scott, Ganesh, Amin, Jeff, Hyunchul, Mark, Shantanu
- December 2007 - At MICRO-40, Shuguang
Feng receives the Best Student Presentation Award for his presentation of Self-calibrating Online Wearout
Detection, and Michael Chu receives the Best Paper Award for
his paper, Data Access Partitioning for Fine-grain
Parallelism on Multicore Architectures.
Shuguang Feng and Michael Chu
- August 2007 - Congratulations to the 2007 CCCP PhD graduates:
and Michael Chu.
Rajiv joined the Java, Compilers and Tools Laboratory at Hewlett-Packard,
Nate became an Assistant Professor in the CS Department at Georgia Tech.,
and Mike joined the Parallel Computing Platforms Group at Microsoft.
- July 2007 - Our paper, "The
Next Generation Challenge for Software Defined Radio", wins the Best Paper
Award at the 7th Intl. SAMOS
- February 2007 - Rajiv Ravindran's last day celebration lunch at Casey's Tavern.
- February 12-14, 2007 - CCCP heads to HPCA in Phoenix, Arizona:
Hongtao, Steve and Nate at the Grand Canyon
- February 11, 2007 - Scott Mahlke and Shubu Mukherjee of Intel, moderated by Antonio Gonzalez of UPC
Barcelona, debate to the death on whether reliability is a fortune or fallacy for
computer architecture researchers. The debate was held at the CARD Workshop held
in conjunction with HPCA 2007.
Slides from the presentation: (Scott | Shubu)
Scott Mahlke, Shubu Mukherjee and Antonio Gonzalez
- December 15, 2006 - Amir Hormati receives Rackham International Student Fellowship for 2007.
- December 9-14, 2006 - CCCP attends MICRO in Orlando, Florida:
Mike, Scott and Nate at Disney
- November 14, 2006 - Yuan Lin's ISCA paper "SODA: A Low-power Architecture For Software Radio" was invited to appear in the January/February 2007 issue of IEEE MICRO Top Picks in Computer Architecture.
- October 23-27, 2006 - CCCP attends Embedded Systems Week
(CASES/CODES+ISSS) in Seoul, Korea:
Jay, Manjunath, Hyunchul, Kevin, Scott and Nate (left to right)
- June 21, 2006 - Scott Mahlke wins ACM SIGARCH/IEEE-CS TCCA Influential ISCA Paper Award at ISCA 2006 for the 1991 paper, "IMPACT: An Architectural Framework for Multiple-Instruction-Issue Processors".
- October 1, 2005 - Nate Clark, Scott Mahlke, and collaborators from ARM research (Sami Yehia and Krisztian Flautner) receive Best Paper award at CASES 2005 for their work "Exploring the Design Space of LUT-Based Transparent Accelerators."
- April 26, 2005 - Ganesh Dasika is named an Outstanding GSI for his work as an instructor in EECS 461 (Embedded Control Systems).
- November 2004 - Nate Clark wins 2nd prize in the 1st Annual CSE Graduate Student Honors Competition held at the University of Michigan.
- September 24, 2004 - Nate Clark gets married! Congratulations to Nate and Jenny.
- September 2004 - Scott Mahlke is appointed the Morris Wellman Faculty Development Assistant Professor in the EECS Department at the University of Michigan to recognize outstanding contributions to teaching and research. See the official announcement.
- August 24, 2004 - CCCP presents its latest work on custom instruction set extensions in the Instruction Set Automation Session at Hot Chips 16. The presentation is entitled, "OptimoDE: Programmable Accelerator Engines Through Retargetable Customization", which represents joint work between ARM and CCCP.
- August 2004 - Launch of the redesigned website. Enjoy!
- March 2004 - Mike Chu's paper from WASP-2 was invited to appear in the May/June 2004 issue of IEEE Micro.
- January 2004 - Scott Mahlke receives NSF CAREER Award for proposal entitled, "Compiler-Directed Synthesis of Application Specific Processors".
- December 2003 - Mike Chu wins the best presentation award at WASP-2.
- October 2003 - The CCCP group invades New Jersey to assimilate the Liberty Group at Princeton.
- August 2002 - Rajiv Ravindran receives an Outstanding Mentor for Undergraduate Students Award from the WIMS Student Leadership Council.
Page last modified January 22, 2016.